It’s officially Summer! Yesterday, marked the first day of Summer and I am so excited because now I can really go crazy with all of my Summer recipes that will be flooding my blog. One of the best things about Summertime is the delicious produce we can cook with and not get tired of. My shrimp & veggie pasta is to.die.for.Jump to Recipe
Mitch and I drove to Louisiana to visit my parents for Father’s Day weekend and although their small town doesn’t offer much to do, it’s been really nice to simply lay low and hang by the pool for 3 days straight. I love these quick getaways to visit my parents and not do much of anything. While we were visiting, I wanted to cook a delicious and healthy pasta dinner because let’s be honest, pasta is sooo yummy and one of my favorites but I have to find ways to keep it as healthy as possible. Loading up the pasta with a variety of seasonal vegetables and shrimp for protein keeps me feeling good!
As always, if you want to see a step by step video, head over to my IG: jillmariejanszen
Shrimp & Summer Veggie Pasta
- 2 Large Sheet Pans
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 Large Skillet
- 4 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Pappardelle Pasta
- 1 lb Peeled & Deveined Shrimp
- 1 Zucchini cut into half moons
- 1 Summer Squash cut into half moons
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 cup White Button Mushrooms halved
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 8 oz Marinated Artichokes drained
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss the zucchini, summer squash, broccoli and mushrooms in 2 Tbsp olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Divide the vegetables evenly among two large sheet pans. Roast in the oven until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 1 Tbsp avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the shrimp with a pinch of salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
- Sear the shrimp on both sides until pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Over high heat, add 1 Tbsp avocado oil and sear the cherry tomatoes (whole) until they blister. Turn down the heat to medium low and add the drained artichokes and minced garlic.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine. Allow the wine to reduce until almost completely evaporated.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Once the pasta is cooked, transfer the pasta from the pot straight to the pan with the tomatoes and artichokes. *Transferring the pasta water is a great way to create a starchy, silky sauce.*
- Add the shrimp and roasted vegetables to the pan.
- Add the lemon juice, freshly chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.