This is the definition of a healthy dinner that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare!Jump to Recipe
So I’m currently at the beach with all of my friends celebrating my 30th birthday which was last week. It feels so good to be away from work and the Austin, TX heat and just relax with my friends and my husband. The only downer of the trip is that I hurt my foot earlier playing pickle ball. If you haven’t heard of pickle ball before, it’s kind of like a mix of tennis and ping pong. It’s so fun but damn, did I hurt my foot earlier… I really hope it’s just a bad bruise or sprain and nothing more serious. I’ve been practicing RICE: rest, ice, compression and elevation. I figured what better time to work on my blog and post this amazing recipe than while I’m resting my foot on the couch!
I love love love anything with shrimp. Shrimp fettuccine, shrimp salad, shrimp cocktail, shrimp fried rice… I sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump. Shrimp is so versatile and so quick to cook- making it a must-have in my kitchen. What’s so amazing about this specific recipe is that it’s gluten free and super light and fresh. It truly is a perfect summer dinner!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we did. Bon Appetit!
Sheet Pan Shrimp, Fennel & Blistered Tomato
- Large Sheet Pan
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 Fennel Bulb cut into 1" slices
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the fennel and tomatoes in 1 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and spread onto a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss the shrimp with the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the fennel and tomatoes to one side.
- Add the shrimp and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the crumbled feta to the quinoa and lemon juice over the shrimp.
- Garnish with fresh basil or parsley. Bon appetit!