Today has been the perfect Sunday funday. Mitch and I had a productive/relaxing day at home experimenting with cocktails. We love to get in the kitchen and try new things at home to keep in our recipe repertoire. It’s the little things that make me so happy… oh, and these pumpkin & chocolate chip muffins make me happy too!
What makes these muffins so great is that they are actually healthy! The rolled oats makes for a great substitute in place of flour so these little guys are gluten free and dairy free. I love that these don’t require a ton of time and effort like other baking recipes. This is just a matter of blending everything together in the food processor and baking in the oven. Easy peasy so you don’t feel distracted from Sunday football!
For this recipe you will need:
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup pumpkin puree
6oz greek yogurt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Dairy free glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a food processor, blend the rolled oats and walnuts together for 30 seconds on low.
- Next add the pumpkin puree, eggs, greek yogurt, maple syrup, baking soda, ground cinnamon and sea salt.
- Blend the mixture for 1 minute on low.
- Using a wooden spoon or baking spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut spray (or canola, vegetable, baking spray) and fill each muffin tin 3/4ths up with batter.
- Bake the pumpkin & chocolate chip muffins for 15-17 minutes and allow to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Blend together the powdered sugar and vanilla almond milk. Make sure there are no large lumps of powdered sugar. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins.
- Eat and enjoy!