Snacking. It is what most of us do best. Unfortunately, we can’t snack on chips, cakes and cookies and still manage to fit into our skinny jeans. Snacking has to be done the healthy way in order to prevent weight gain and over-eating our main meals.
I love a good snack during the day… actually two good snacks during the day: one in between breakfast and lunch and another in between lunch and dinner. Good news is that it is totally acceptable and encouraged to eat two snacks every day.
Here are some of my favorite snacks that are 200 or less calories:
- A delicious, quick smoothie such as my cacao, banana & date shake.
- 1 medium banana with natural peanut butter OR Nutella spread
- 1/3 cup hummus with carrot and/or celery sticks
- 1 medium apple (sliced) with 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 14 multigrain tortilla chips with 2oz guacamole
- 6 shredded wheat crackers with 1 mini light cheese wedge
- 1 (6oz) container plain greek yogurt with 3/4 cup fresh blueberries & honey drizzle
- 1/4 cup unsalted walnuts with 5 dried cranberries
- 2 hard boiled eggs…. sprinkle of salt and pepper 🙂
Healthy snacking = guilt-free snacking. Keep snacking!