What better way of getting into the holly jolly spirit than with this delicious, boozy egg nog cocktail?!
Christmas is less than two weeks away and I’m still trying to decide what I’m going to send to my loved ones. This year has been anything but normal and I won’t be seeing most of my family members due to the ongoing pandemic. However, I love giving gifts more than receiving them and I still want to send each one of my immediate family members a little something.
*For anyone still doing their online Christmas shopping, Tuesday, Dec. 15th is the last day for ground shipping- FYI!*
This year, we are driving to see my parents for a few days in Louisiana before making our way back to Texas to spend actual Christmas with my husband’s family. Sadly, this is the first year my husband’s family is spending Christmas without their beloved Kimmy (Mitch’s aunt) who lost her battle with cancer earlier this year. Although COVID and keeping everyone safe and healthy is very important to all of us, we still find it important to be with our immediate members during a bittersweet holiday.
I think serving up a batch of these delicious eggnog white russians is just what we all need to lift our spirits. Once you give it a try, you will definitely know what I’m talking about! Holly jolly in a glass. Happy Holidays to all!
Eggnog White Russian
- 2 oz good quality eggnog
- 2 oz coffee liqueur like Kahlua
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 slice orange
- On a small plate, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Rub the orange peel around the rim of the glass. Then, dip the rim of the glass into the cinnamon/sugar mixture. *The wetness from the orange will ensure the cinnamon/sugar mix adheres.*
- Add crushed ice or a large ice cube into the glass.
- Pour equal parts of egg nog, coffee liqueur and vodka into the glass.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of ground (or freshly grated) nutmeg. Give everything a big stir.
- Sip and feel warm & cozy inside!