There’s no better combination than beets, citrus and goat cheese.
I’ve been on the hunt for new & exciting recipes and while this one isn’t new, I stumbled upon it and immediately craved it. Beets and citrus are currently in season so why not recycle this delicious recipe? The flavor dynamic of roasted beets with citrus and goat cheese may even be better than peanut butter & jelly… ok, I’m getting carried away, but it is SO good. Give this delicious recipe a try!
For this recipe you will need:
- 2-3 red beets
- 2-3 golden beets
- 1 small orange, cut into segments
- 1 small grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8oz plain goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp half & half
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the beets into quarters and toss with avocado oil and a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
Roast the beets in the oven until tender, about 55-60 minutes. Once they are fork-tender, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, segment the orange & grapefruit. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, combine the goat cheese and half & half. Process both until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Pour into a small ziplock bag. Set aside.
- Back to the beets: using your hands, peel the outer layer of the beets. The skin should come off rather easily.
- Slice & dice the avocado. *You want to do this last so the avocado doesn’t brown.*
You are welcome to assemble the salad however you’d like but if you want to get all bougie with it, this is how:
- Using half of the plate creates negative space which is eye appealing. Scatter the red and golden beets from top to bottom of the plate.
- Next, arrange the citrus segments around the beets.
- Follow with arranging the avocado around the beets & citrus.
- Snip a corner of the goat cheese-filled ziplock bag. Pipe dollops of the goat cheese in between the fruit & veggies.
- Garnish with microgreens.
Easy, healthy and most importantly, delicious!