The other day I was so exhausted after a long day of work. The last thing I wanted to do was go to the grocery store and prepare a big meal. Plus, I’m really trying to eat what’s in my pantry and fridge before I spend money I shouldn’t be spending. I’m 29 years old and finally trying to get better at budgeting…
Nonetheless, I went home and scoped out what I had to prepare a healthy and hopefully satisfying meal for Mitch and I. Luckily, I had just the right, simplest ingredients to prepare a quick 30 minute dinner. Gotta love cooking on a creative whim!
For this recipe you will need:
1 box veggie/chickpea/red lentil/ or GF pasta
1 Tbsp avocado oil
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 small carrot, small dice
1 small shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 package prosciutto
1/2 cup pasta water
3 Tbsp green pesto
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp Herbs de Provence
Salt & Pepper to taste
Lots of Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil leaves
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Before draining, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat with 1 Tbsp avocado oil. Add the tomatoes and allow to blister. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the carrot and shallot. Allow to cook with the tomatoes until the carrot starts to become tender, about 10 minutes. Spirnkle with Herbs de Provence and red pepper flakes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- In a separate small pan, heat 1 Tbsp avocado oil over medium heat. Crisp up the prosciutto and break into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Add the pasta water, drained pasta, green pesto and lemon juice to the saute pan with the veggies. Toss everything together.
- Sprinkle the crispy prosciutto over the pasta along with torn basil and LOTS of Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
So simple and so yummy. Bon Appetit!